Cox Technic is non-surgical, doctor-controlled, hands-on spinal manipulation performed with the patient lying on a distraction table. This table permits the effective administration of flexion-distraction and decompression adjustment and manipulation.
Watch this video, one of our doctors Gerry Nastasia demonstrates this technique. Well-researched and documented, flexion-distraction and decompression help relieve spinal pain and return patients to their desired quality of life by:
- Dropping intradiscal pressure to as low as -192mm Hg
- Widening the spinal canal foraminal area by 28%
- Reducing pressure on the spinal nerves
- Returning motion to the spinal joints
Cox Technic is appropriate for conditions causing low back and leg pain. It also reduces pain attributable to :
- Disc herniation
- A ruptured disc
- Facet syndrome
- Pregnancy-related back pain
Our Gerry is one of the few chiropractors in the Gulf region to be certified in this use of technic.