1. Check up your spine. Your neck plays a huge role in causing headache. Poor seated posture causes tension-type headaches. Chiropractic gives real lasting relief.
2.Identify your triggers. Keep a diary.
3. Reduce your stress. Learn to relax.
4. Stop smoking.
5. Avoid medications as they can cause rebound headaches, which begin when the medication wears off, as well as other more serious side effects.
6. If you drink alcohol, limit your intake to an occasional drink or two. Avoid Beer and red wine, which contain triggers for headache.
7. Get regular sleep. Maintaining regular sleep habits even at weekends
8. Eat regular meals, avoiding food triggers and drink 2 litres of water a day.
9. Exercise regularly, but warm up properly.
10. Have your eyes checked. Get correct glasses for computer screen distance.